Friday, August 5, 2011

Part 2 of the London Experience

We woke up at 9:15am and were out of the house by 11.  We were all so tired, anyway, we went on the train to Waterloo, tube to Leicester Square, then another tube to Russell Square. The tube station had stairs or elevators and the elevators were PACKED. So we decided to go for the 175 steps to the surface. By the end, we were panting and wanting water so we went to Tesco’s to buy some water. We got our water and walked to the British Museum.  It was BEAUTIFUL.  Magnificent. Simply amazing.  There was so much there, of course it IS the British Museum.  Although I did not see the Rosetta Stone, I saw mummies and a LOAD of artifacts. The architecture was amazing, as well.

After this, we decided to get sandwiches and head to the park we found on the way to the British Museum. So we’re walking and walking and we found a Sainsbury where Gemma and I got sandwiches (Alaima’s fasting) and I bought chips.  We walked back to the park and as we’re half way through the park, we realize something. This isn’t the same park.

So we kept walking and found the park and sat down to eat.  We ate our food and our energy levels soared. Fed the pigeons. We walked back to the Underground, walked down the 175 steps and got a tube to Covent Garden.  We arrived at Covent Garden and climbed the 195 steps to the surface.  By the end of this, our legs were shaking.  We looked at the street performers (I think my favorite was the silver guy who went into Boots to spray on his abs) and went to the apple store where we climbed more stairs. 

Then I met Alaima and Gemma’s friend, Yousoff, and we walked around Covent Garden, going into some stores.  We then decided to walk somewhere.  I’m not sure where our original goal was to end up. Anyway.

So we’re walking past this huge, old building and it’s the Freemason Museum.  Well, Yousoff and Alaima were very excited about this (they’re more conspiritists, or whatever you call them), so Gemma and I said, “sure”. We go in and they have cameras EVERYWHERE.  Then we had to get a pass. We go upstairs and the whole place is silent. Yousoff and Alaima then saw a door and were like OMG. So Gemma and I were like, “OMG it’s a window!!!” Then we pass down this hallway and we can see the museum.  This place was CREEPY. I did not get a good vibe from this place. It was like a horror movie and one of us was going to get killed any minute. I stuck with Gemma, so I’m not sure what was going through my brain, but I was like, “I’m gonna trip Gemma, so I stick my foot in front of Gemma’s” and I ended up falling on the ground. I couldn’t help it, I started to laugh and so did Gemma.  The place was SILENT. I’m pretty sure, the looks we were getting, were not happy ones.  So we look around, I wasn’t paying much attention to anything, just staying close to Gemma and Alaima. So Gemma agreed that this place was creepy, so we decided to get out of there.  She tripped on the wall. Impossible? I thought so too, until today. So we started laughing at that. We ran out of that place as fast as we could. I wont ever go back to that place, even if someone were to bribe me all the money in the world. NO WAY.

So we decided to walk to Embankment, where the River Thames flowed. We sat there and just talked and sat some more.  After we sat, we walked to Trafalgar Square, had a mini water fight with the water from the fountain then sat down on the steps.  After a while, we crossed the bridge and watched some of the street performers. My favorite was the bubble guys that blew giant bubbles.  We walked past the London Eye, then walked to this place with a bunch of graffiti that’s allowed to be there. Then we walked to Waterloo station, Gemma, Alaima and I got on a train, sat down, got to our stop then walked back to Alaima’s house.

I think my feet might fall off, they hurt so much.  Now nobody’s talking, because everybody is so tired.

Not sure what we’re doing tomorrow, but I assure you I am wearing comfy shoes.

Until next time,

Amber Smile

No comments:

Post a Comment