Monday, June 13, 2011

Heat

It seems that the Texas Heat is not agreeing with me this year. So I get home after being outside or in the pool for 3 hours and was started dinner when I began to feel a little dizzy so I sat down with my apple juice and while I did this Dad helped with dinner. He actually made more of the dinner than I did. I'm sure it was to make sure what I did next didn't happen again. So the directions said to put melted butter into the pan, so I microwaved the butter and put it into the heated pan. A huge almost mushroom cloud shooted out of the pan and then it burst into flames. So I backed away from the flames we all looked at it for a second and Dad took control. He put it in the sink without water and the flames went down. So Alexa and I opened the windows as the smoke alarm sounded. Smoke was everywhere, as assumed there would be. Anyways, it took me 5 minutes after the fire to make the connection that butter = grease = grease + heat = fire and I didn't even make that connection myself. Dad had to point it out for me. It's what my friends in London would call a Bullet Moment. Named after the ironic nickname they gave me. A Bullet Moment is where you are slow to get something. Hence, what was stated above. So now you understand why Dad kind of took over.

So yes, we had an interesting dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment