Thursday, January 20, 2011

Interesting...

My English teacher told me something that I feel is very true and I wish to tell you this because this is what I've been trying to tell you guys for a while and I haven't been able to find the words.

"you grow up in a place and you love that place but then you move away or a year or two and let's say you move back. Would your experience be the same as before?"

The class answers no like a good class and she goes on.

"Exactly, the past cannot be repeated. When you move away, you still like those places but you have grown and your friends have grown and have made new friends. It would take you a long time to become just as friendly as you had been before and you may never accomplish this." She went on and read essays on "morally ambiguous" characters.

My psycho world history teacher asked if anyone could be both good and bad. Although his answer was no, you can be morally ambiguous- as my English teacher put it. He then went on to tell us that all the textbooks are lying and we never think about anything really and so therefore we know absolutely nothing.

He said something similar to what my english teacher had said, so I thought that I may need to remember this. I forgot. :/

No comments:

Post a Comment