Monday, January 10, 2011

Falling in Love with English Boys

So from my other posts you know I have been reading the book : Falling in Love with English Boys.  And you also know that it has been FREAKING ME OUT. Well, let me tell you why.

I bought the book in Barnes and Noble because I thought the title was interesting and the page I had opened up to seemed familiar so I was like, “What the heck?” Okay here we go,

I start reading the book and everything the main character is from America and goes to London and what she says about the flight over and the differences I have either thought about or have told multiple people.  I thought well any American would think about that.

Then I find out she moved over there for her mom’s job.

Then I find out that she stays home and goes and gets chocolate from the corner store like everyday, Alexa and I used to do that.

Then the main character meets this girl from the middle east and becomes instant friends – hello? I met Alaima first and yeah!!!

Then I meet the rest of the girls friends – One is from Spain, I found out Gemma is half Spanish, and the other kind of scares the main character – Alice!!!!!! They all hang out in a park  which we used to do.

The main character reads this journal about this girl in the 1800s and the girl in the diary likes this guy named, Thomas. I like a guy named Thomas!!!!!! Surprised smileSurprised smile (I’ve been texting/chatting with him a lot lately) Smile

Then the main character says something like, “You know that feeling you got when your 3rd grade crush (Aidan…..” My 4th grade crush was named Aidan!!

Then as the story goes on the main character likes this guy named Will, (who kind of looks like this British guy in my biology class)  and she thinks he has a girlfriend and that stuff. (I think Tom has a girlfriend :/hm)

Also I looked at the publishing date – 2011 I got it in 2010 maybe they put it early, I don’t know.

But then there's the flaws in the story, I don’t have a guy show me all of London and there's no way for my birthday that Alaima, Gemma and Alice would be flown out here just for my birthday. I haven't read anything else yet.

But it was freaking me out.  So I decided to tell you Smile

No comments:

Post a Comment