Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Blehhh.

I’m completely aware that my posting is more sporadic than shooting stars, but I swear nothing happened that made me think, “Oh my gosh, this HAS to go on my blog.” Literally, what I’m about to post about has been the most interesting thing to have happen since the last post.

1) There is an electrical problem with the truck, so sometimes you can’t turn the radio on at all or hear the beeping of the turn signal. Everything still works fine and its only every now and then. Well I was headed home one day and the weather wasn’t exactly cool, so I head out of the school parking lot. I’m driving along, sweating profusely, thinking, “Man, it’s really hot in here.” I drive into the driveway and get out. The air outside was much more forgiving. I burst into the air conditioned house and announce, “The truck is like an oven.”

I relay my story to my father, who afterwards just stares at me and says, “Why didn’t you just roll down the windows?”

Fail.

2) The same day, after I realized how common sense sometimes escapes me, I heard Jo (our puppy who is a girl) whimpering upstairs. At this point, she could go up the stairs, but not down the stairs so she would look over the edge, back away, cry, look over the edge, back away, cry, until someone went up there and got her. I climbed the stairs then lay down on them in front and below her. You know those cartoons where the dog grows, or the character shrinks and the dog is about to crush the town or people with its huge paws? I guess she looked over the edge just a little too far and I swear that’s exactly what it looked like when her paw landed right on my eye.

3) I went to go see Perks of Being A Wallflower, and I was right. It made a better movie than it did a book. I went with two of my friends and we ate nachos before then went to the movie, the night before the SAT. I got home at 11:45pm and didn’t get to sleep until 12:30am. But it was so worth it. I had such a great time and the movie was phenomenal. At one point in the movie, Sam (Emma Watson) was fiddling with a Red Solo Cup at a party and Charlie (Logan Lerman) sat next to her and asked her what was wrong. “Oh, SAT results. Oops.”

I turned to my friend, “That’s what I’m gonna be like tomorrow.”

“Well, if you want, I can help you study,” says Charlie/Logan Lerman.

“Help me study!!!” I whisper.

I’m really bad at not talking in movies.

Especially when I’m excited. Which makes no sense, because you’d think I’d want them to be quiet because I’ve been waiting for this movie for forever, but I couldn’t shut up in random parts.

Also, Perks of Being a Wallflower has some amazing quotes, which I will share with you.

“We accept the love we think we deserve.”

“And in that moment, I swear we were infinite.”

“I would die for you. But I won’t live for you.”

“This moment will just be another story someday.”

“So, I guess we are who we are for a lot of reasons. And maybe we'll never know most of them. But even if we don't have the power to choose where we come from, we can still choose where we go from there.”

And there are many more, but those are my favorite.

So now I leave you with the fact that I now have to clean the kitchen. Yay. Dishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment