Thursday, July 26, 2012

Summer

So I understand my posting has been nonexistent. I’m here to remedy this.

Well Summer is almost over and I’ve realized that I have basically done nothing in the past few weeks. But I haven’t spent all of my time in vain. For instance, one week I read The Perks of Being A Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky, which is a very good, very controversial book that I think (personally) will make a better movie. (The movie comes out in September starring Logan Lerman,  Emma Watson, and Paul Rudd just to name a few)  Here is the trailer:

Then I read a completely different book called Between the Lines by Jodi Picoult and her daughter Samantha Van Leer, which is about a fairy tale and is very cute.

Lately however, I’ve taken to the Today Show. Tuesday morning I woke up and couldn’t fall back asleep so I camped on the couch and turned on the TV. Nothing was on so I settled for the Today Show. They started talking about the Olympics and I love the Olympics. Plus, half of them were in London, talking about London so I was interested. Then what hooked me even more was their presentation of Clotted Cream Ice Cream. The recipe for the basic is here. This is a recipe for Raspberry Clotted Cream Ice Cream, which sounds like it would be divine. I’m not sure where I could get any clotted cream around here but I can dream, can’t I? Or just do a really good, thorough look.

MOVIE PICK OF THE WEEK:

Today I watched (500) Days of Summer for the first time. I can’t believe I hadn’t seen it before! It’s just wonderful. The camera work and editing is amazing. The music is amazing. The actors are amazing. The movie is fantastic. The emotions that are expressed are contagious and infectious and had me smiling for no reason, sad, angry and heartbroken. For those of you like me, who have been under a rock and haven’t seen this movie, I definitely recommend you go watch it now.

LOVE IT!

1 comment:

  1. I haven't seen that movie either, but it was in my Netflix queue for a long time

    ReplyDelete