Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Twitch

Last weekend I started writing my book, Flames, of which I am only on chapter 3. So not very far in, but I hope to change that soon. Anyways, I was writing when the muscle beneath my eye started to pulse, it was weird but I didn’t think anything of it.  Later on in the afternoon, I was in the bathroom examining myself in the mirror as girls my age do and I saw it.  The muscle beneath my eye was freaking out and I saw it pulsing.  Of course the next thing I did was let out a small scream and back into a closet door. I ran downstairs, yelling, “Look at my eye! Look! Look what it’s doing!”

“It’s just a twitch,” my dad said casually.

“Just a twitch?” to me this meant a tic, I don’t want to twitch the rest of my life!

“Yeah, don’t worry about it,” my mom joined in.  I looked at them, exasperated. They obviously didn’t feel my fear.

Today I was in Spanish when it started up again.  We were in groups: I was paired with Wyatt and Will.  About half an hour after class has started Wyatt goes, “Woah, your eye! It’s like freaking out.”

“Wait, let me see,” Will said and I turned to face him, “Woah! That’s happened to me before. I’d never actually seen it. Its freaky.” At least its not just my eye.

Then after school, there was a parent meeting for Tarzan and then an actual rehearsal. We were sitting there when the muscle spasm started again and Alexa caught it. “Ohmygosh, Amber! Your eye!”

“I know.”

“Eughh, it’s weird,” she spent the rest of the time closely watching my eye to see if it would pulse again.

It stops every now and then, but geez its annoying.

I know this isn’t much of a story, but I felt like telling you anyways.

2 comments:

  1. It's just a twitch - it'll go away. If not, we can get it checked out if you want.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy has had that since she was little, happens only when she is really tired. Muscle fibers are tired and sensative to the smallest electrical stimulation in your face. I get them too sometimes when I am overtired. Rest is always the answer.
    Your body is trying to tell your to get some sleep. As a teenager you need more sleep than the rest of us humans, on average you should get about 9-10 hours of sleep for your body to accomodate all the physical changes you are going through. Although, 7-8 is good as teenagers tend to try to get by on 5-6 hours thinking they have superpowers.
    Sorry to tell you that you are normal.

    ReplyDelete